Notes from the COSIMA TWG meeting today. Feel free to add whatever I’ve missed or to modify anything that I got wrong.
Date : 2023-04-12
Attendees : Micael Oliveira @micael, Andrew Kiss @aekiss, Aidan Heerdegen @aidanheerdegen, Paul Leopardi @paulleopardi, Martin Dix @MartinDix, Dougie Squire @dougiesquire, Rui Yang @rui.yang, Russ Fiedler @russfiedler, Angus Gibson @angus-g
- We now have something that compiles.
- We are using the CESM driver.
- There are still a few things to fix, but it should be possible to test the model.
- Next step is to try to run some tests.
- Spack is being used to build some of the dependencies on Gadi.
- Spack configuration has some issues:
- Packages are installed on /scratch.
- Some environment modules do not modify the paths, so the libraries cannot be find by the loader
- payu support also needs some fixes and improvements.
MOM6-SIS2 scaling and profiling
- Still not clear what is causing the MPI imbalance.
- Imbalance present both in global and regional model.
- Rui Yang is looking into profiling the I/O.
- Micael will get in touch with Marshall Ward to see if he has any ideas.
ACCESS-NRI Intake catalog
- ACCESS-NRI wants to provide a catalog of intake-esm catalogs.
- Dougie has been working on this and has a proof-of-concept ready.
- Feedback is most welcome at this stage.