This topic is to announce new releases of
benchcab is a Python-based software for the scientific evaluation of CABLE on NCI.
To receive email notifications when a new release is announced, please watch this topic.
This is our first fully public release of this software. Please do not hesitate to give us feedback on this forum or GitHub so
benchcab can become more useful to you.
benchcab’s User guide.
- run several CABLE versions at various flux tower sites with the same compilation* and a standard set of science configurations.
- choice of sets of flux tower sites to allow different levels of testing
- bitwise comparison of CABLE outputs
CABLE outputs from
benchcabis compatible with experiments on modelevaluation.org (workspace
- compatible with CABLE v3 and v2 (limited testing of v2).
- allow running tests of CABLE’s branches owned by others
versioned documentation, including how to use modelevaluation.org with
- example work directory
- allow running a customised set of science configurations on one branch (e.g. test new feature) or all branches.
*: the compilation may differ between the branches if the CABLE source codes are not both based on CABLE v3.
- no support for gridded (spatial) simulations
- limited standard set of science configurations. Feedback on the choice of configurations is welcomed. Please see this forum topic to leave some feedback.
- no testing with any spin-up. But starting the simulations from a given restart file is possible and easy to do.
- no testing with CASA
- analysis plots will be updated to allow easier comparison between science configurations and include more variables.
- limited to use on NCI’s supercomputer
benchcab is still in active development, future versions might not be backward-compatible