Announcement for CABLE docathons

Are you wondering what is a “docathon”? It’s a hackathon to write documentation. And yes, it is an invented word.

We are trying to rejuvenate CABLE’s documentation. There are a few topics on this forum that present the effort: 1, 2. To keep everyone engaged with the process, we have decided to try out monthly virtual docathons.

The monthly virtual docathons are 1-day events:

• every 4th Tuesday of the month, 10am-4pm. The first virtual docathon will be on Tuesday 23 May.
  • on Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

You can add the docathons to your calendars with this .ics file:
CABLE docathon.ics

You are welcome to join for the day or for 1 hour as you can.

Each docathon starts with a welcome to everyone, a summary of where things stand and a quick round-table of what part of the documentation each participant wants to work on. You will still be provided with this information even if you cannot join from the start of the day.

Everyone who is working with CABLE is invited to join in the effort. If you don’t think you can write the documentation yourself, you might be able to review documentation written by others.

To stay updated on upcoming docathons, please watch this topic

2 Likes

Hi,

when using the Zoom link above I had a message it wasn’t valid. This following link should work:

Time for a docathon again: Tuesday 27 June, 10am-4pm

This time around I have had a special request from the atmospheric/coupled model folks. They would like information about what all the CABLE namelist options are about. So if anyone wants to work on a description of cable.nml that would be welcome. If you don’t have the time for the docathon but have information about the namelist options, please let me know.

Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

You are welcome to join us for the day or for 1 hour as you can.

Each docathon starts with a welcome to everyone, a summary of where things stand and a quick round-table of what part of the documentation each participant wants to work on. You will still be provided with this information even if you cannot join from the start of the day.

Everyone who is working with CABLE is invited to join in the effort. If you don’t think you can write the documentation yourself, you might be able to review documentation written by others.

1 Like

Hi,

If you don’t want to miss a CABLE docathon, you can now download this calendar .ics file and add it to your calendar.

CABLE docathon.ics (2.1 KB)

Cheers,
Claire

2 Likes

Hi,

Considering I am currently overseas, I am cancelling the docathon for tomorrow, Tuesday 25 July.
You are welcome to work on the CABLE’s documentation nevertheless.

Hello,

With the ACCESS-NRI and the Land Working Group workshops around the corner, I can not spend tomorrow focussed on the CABLE documentation during a docathon.

Please feel free to work on the documentation if you can, any progress made there is truly appreciated.

The next docathon will be on 26 September. You can add it to your calendars now as it will go ahead.

Hello,

this is a reminder we have a CABLE docathon coming up next week on Tuesday 26 September, 10am-4pm. We really need to find some renewed momentum in this documentation effort. I hope some of you will be able to join in for a part of the day.

Hello,

this is a reminder we have a CABLE docathon on Tuesday 24 October, 10am-4pm. I was alone at the last docathon and there was little involvement in the previous instalments. The virtual docathons might be reviewed if participation does not eventuate.

1 Like

Hi,

A reminder a CABLE docathon is happening now. Feel free to join us if you have some free time during the day.

And if you are missing these events in your calendar, please download this .ics file and add to your calendar:
CABLE docathon.ics (2.1 KB)

1 Like

Hello,

this is a reminder we have a CABLE docathon on Tuesday 28 November, 10am-4pm. This is following the move of the CABLE code to the GitHub repository. You are welcome to join in for support in using CABLE from GitHub as well as participating in the documentation effort.

1 Like

You can also get automatic reminders with the event in the first post.