Ocean model development and machine learning meeting in Boulder

Hi,

Just passing on details of this workshop in September in Boulder:

OMDP-COMMODORE workshop Sept 9-12, 2024

CLIVAR-OMDP, COMMODORE, and NSF-NCAR are jointly convening a workshop to bring together the relevant communities to discuss ocean model developments, data-driven parameterizations, and machine learning in numerical ocean general circulation and climate / Earth system models. A four-day workshop on ocean modeling will be held, followed by a special day (Sep 13th) dedicated to celebrating the accomplishments of Dr. Frank Bryan and the 50th anniversary of the Oceanography Section (OS) of the NSF-NCAR.

Participation of Early Career Scientists is particularly encouraged for whom some financial support will be available.

Workshop Details:

Date: September 09-12, 2024

Deadline for abstract submission: May 09, 2024

For more information, please visit OMDP Commodore Workshop 2024 | Community Earth System Model

I’m planning to go to this Boulder workshop aim to submit an abstract to share COSIMA story there. Please let me know if you plan to attend. Perhaps we can work together on an presentation or two. Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome @PSpence. @AndyHoggANU and I are both seriously considering going, will confirm shortly.