CMIP7 ACCESS Evaluation Hackathon 12-14 March 2024

A call for expressions of interest is now open for the CMIP7 ACCESS Evaluation Hackathon, to be held at CSIRO Aspendale (VIC) 12-14 March 2024.

The deadline for expressions of interest has been extended to 31 January.

Travel support is available for a limited number of research students and early career researchers.

This hackathon will focus on:

• Development of ESMValTool scripts and workflows to be used for CMIP7 efforts
  • Providing scientific input to important processes in ACCESS that need evaluation in the development stage.

Use this online form to register your interest. Expressions of interest will be accepted until 11:45 pm (AEDT) Wednesday 31 January 2024.

All persons submitting an expression of interest will be notified of their outcome by the hackathon organising committee during the first week of February 2024.

If you have questions about the hackathon, please post them as comments here under this forum topic. ACCESS-NRI staff and the organising committee will do their best to answer your questions as quickly as possible.

NB: the date clashes with the Invitation to Antarctic Coupled Modelling workshop

Reminder: Hackathon EOI Deadline

The deadline for hackathon expressions of interest is Wednesday 31 January (11:45 pm AEDT).

Use this link to submit your expression of interest.

Damn! I missed this deadline because I was on leave. Any chance that I could squeeze in?
pearse

1 Like

Hi Team, I just wanted to register my interest in the hackathon though I will not be able to attend (clash with the polar modelling workshop). I’ve followed the CMIP7 announce page, but thought I would drop a line here too! Hopefully there will be a page/email/something with all the info that can be sent to the broader community? Something I’d really like to know is the timeline of when model output might be available to look at - in particular AM3 output. That can help planning to set aside some time to do the work/potentially look for a student to help!

HI Sonya, Thanks very much for your input. We’ve forwarded your questions to the hackathon organisers. More information about the hackathon program and anticipated outcomes will be available in March. We will do our best to keep the community informed of developments.

1 Like

Will there be an option to participate remotely?