ACCESS-NRI would like to know the needs of the Working Groups for Reference Datasets. We would like to know what datasets of significance for the working group you would like to have hosted in a published data collection at NCI within the financial year 23-24. We need to create a list of likely datasets that will be ready within this timeframe so we can start the data management process for these datasets with you and NCI.
A Reference Dataset is data that is of significance to the community and will be used by a range of users. Possible examples:
- Datasets for input in climate models (forcings, ancillary datasets etc.)
- Datasets for evaluation of model outputs
- Reference model outputs that are used widely
If you have a dataset you think 1. can be considered as a Reference Dataset, 2. will be ready for publication before June 2024, please reply to this topic before 20th October with:
- Dataset name
- Contact name to liaise with publishing data (Forum handle)
- Dataset URL if it exists
- Dataset details to show its importance to the community, e.g. temporal and spatial coverage, nature of dataset (observations, reanalysis …), static or regularly updated
- Current required storage in GB, projection for next year if not a static dataset
Consider watching this topic if you want to stay updated on what is happening with datasets for the working group.
Below is a table summarising datasets proposed by the working group:
|Dataset||Contact||Storage (in GB)|