COSIMA @ Ocean Sciences Meeting 2024

Hi all,

We have submitted an abstract for the Ocean Sciences Meeting 2024 and we were given a poster.

Title: A community-driven cookbook of recipes for analyzing global ocean-sea ice model output

Abstract: Over the past 10 years, global-scale ocean science and ocean modeling in Australia have become synonymous with the COSIMA community. COSIMA stands for the Consortium for Ocean-Sea Ice Modeling in Australia. What started from a handful of people evolved to a community of over 150. As a community, we work on developing model configurations that contribute, e.g, to Australia’s CMIP submissions and operational forecasts, we coordinate together to run simulations and various perturbation experiments, we share all our model output, and also share Jupyter notebooks with tutorials and various basic as well as more elaborate analyses. Here, we showcase how we share data and our model analysis practices. Our analysis notebook collection has evolved into a curated website, hosted on GitHub, continuously tested, and updated often. This collection, amongst other things, has made ocean science more inclusive as it enables students and new researchers to get up to speed very quickly.

[The authors’ list is not exhaustive. The authors appear here in alphabetical order. We included all contributors of our two repositories, github.com/COSIMA/cosima-recipes and github.com/COSIMA/cosima-cookbook, but many more people belong and contribute to the COSIMA community.]

The poster is ED24B-0115 and will be presented on Tuesday, 20 February 2024, 16:00-18:00 at the Poster Hall, First Floor (NOLACC). Feel free to drop by or even stand in front of it and talk about COSIMA to people!

Few of us drafted a poster and you can all have a look at Overleaf, Online LaTeX Editor

Feedback is welcome but provide us with the feedback soon because we need to hit the “File > Print…” button soon!

4 Likes

This looks great @navidcy. Could I make a couple of small suggestions? I could not add comments in overleaf for some reason, so here they are:

1. On the bottom left, where it says “All of COSIMA’s work is open source!”, I think it would be good to put a link to GitHub. I know you are providing links to the recipes and cookbooks already, but it is on the other side of the poster.

2. Should the dot points under the “Easy data discovery with Database Explorer” be capitalised? They are the only ones starting in lowercase.

1 Like

Done – thanks