COSIMA TWG Announce

COSIMA Technical Working Group (TWG) announcements topic

Useful links/information:

COSIMA TWG Meetings:
Held twice a month, on the first and third Wednesdays of the month, at 11:00am.

Zoom details: Join Zoom Meeting
Zoom Meeting ID: 856 0241 3599, Password: 396438

Minutes of previous meetings

2 Likes

Dear all,

This Wednesday we will have our monthly TWG meeting, at the usual time (zoom details above).

Get in touch if there are any items you’d like to put on the agenda. Some things that come to mind:

• Status of ACCESS-OM3 development
  • MOM6 scaling tests

Cheers,

Micael

Hi,

As there is a clash with the Bluelink workshop, tomorrow the meeting will be at 9:30 am, instead of 11:00 am.

Micael

Dear all,

Next week we will have our monthly TWG meeting, on Wednesday at the usual time (zoom details above).

Let me know if there are any items you’d like to put on the agenda. From my side, it’s basically the same topics as last month:

• MOM6 scaling tests

Cheers,

Micael

If there’s time, I could give a 5 min overview of the Intake catalogue we’re building and put a call out for volunteers to help test and provide feedback

2 Likes

Dear all,

This week we will have our monthly TWG meeting, on Wednesday at the usual time (zoom details bellow).

Let me know if there are any items you’d like to put on the agenda. From my side, two things:

• Shared spack installation on ik11

Cheers,

Micael

Hi all,

TWG has been rescheduled to 11.00am next Wednesday 21st May to avoid clashing with ALCS.

I’d like to discuss ACCESS-OM3 progress and plans, which will feed into the COSIMA meeting the following day which will be devoted to ACCESS-OM3 and CMIP7 updates and discussion of the feasibility of building ACCESS-CM3 based on NUOPC and ACCESS-OM3 in time for CMIP7.

Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to add to the agenda.

cheers
Andrew

1 Like

reminder: TWG meeting 11am this morning

Dear all,

Next week we will have our monthly TWG meeting, on Wednesday at the usual time (zoom details at the top of this topic).

Let me know if there are any items you’d like to put on the agenda. From my side:

Cheers,

Micael

This is a test of the notification system.

Dear all,

Next week we will have our monthly TWG meeting, on Wednesday at the usual time (zoom details at the top of this topic).

Let me know if there are any items you’d like to put on the agenda. From my side:

• Versioning and release workflows of ACCESS-OM3 code and configurations

Cheers,

Micael

Dear all,

This Wednesday we will have our monthly TWG meeting, at the usual time (zoom details at the top of this topic).

• Status of ACCESS-OM3 software development
  • ACCESS-OM3 configurations

Cheers,

Micael

One of the suggestions from the “How can COSIMA improve?” breakout last week was that people would like to know more about the COSIMA-related technical developments and what’s discussed at TWG (but without actually attending themselves I think :laughing:).

Would someone be up for giving a brief report at the start of the Thursday COSIMA meeting on what was discussed at TWG / what’s been going on in OM3 development world? Say, 2-5 minutes depending on how much there is to report on. @micael ? @aekiss ? And could we implement this every month?

I can do it. And yes, this should become a regular thing.

1 Like

Dear all,

Tomorrow we will have our monthly TWG meeting, at the usual time (zoom details at the top of this topic).

Let me know if there are any items you’d like to put on the agenda. From my side it’s the usual:

• ACCESS-OM3 configurations

Cheers,

Micael

1 Like

Dear all,

If you are watching this topic, this should interest you: Proposed changes to COSIMA TWG meetings

1 Like

Dear all,

Starting next month we will change the frequency of the meetings. Instead of meeting every second Wednesday of the month, we will now meet first and third Wednesdays of the month. One of the meetings will be mostly the same as the meetings we had until now, while the other one will be mostly dedicated to ACCESS-OM3 technical discussions.

That means the next meeting will be next week. This will be at the usual time (zoom details at the top of this topic). Let me know if there are any items you’d like to put on the agenda. From my side:

• StatACCESS-OM3 configurations

Cheers,

Micael

Dear all,

Due to some clashes, the meeting has been move to tomorrow, Tuesday, at 2pm.

Cheers and see you tomorrow,

Micael